MultiChoice Nigeria on Monday said the winner of BBNaija Season 5 will go home with a whopping N85million grand prize.
This is coming as countdown to the season five premiere of Africa’s popular reality TV show, Big Brother Naija kicked off.
According to the show’s organisers, the grand prize includes a N30million cash prize – the biggest since the show’s debut in 2006.
Speaking on the prize, the Chief Executive Officer, MultiChoice Nigeria, John Ugbe said: “The fifth season of BBNaija marks a major milestone in the reality TV series.
“We are making this season significant by not only increasing the winnings, but by also implementing other creative and innovative ways to ensure the show lives up to the premium entertainment especially during the current pandemic.”
The breakdown of the grand prize for BBNaija Season 5 includes:
- a N30m cash prize;
- a two-bedroom apartment courtesy of Revolution Plus;
- a top of the range SUV from Nigerian automaker, Innoson Motors;
- a trip to Dublin courtesy of Guinness;
- home appliances courtesy Scanfrost;
- a trip to Dubai packaged by Travelbeta;
- a year’s supply of Indomie noodles, Munch it and Colgate toothpaste;
- a year’s supply of Pepsi, a branded chiller and a trip to watch the UEFA Champions League finale; and
- a brand new Oppo mobile smartphone
In addition, viewers and fans of the show should expect some surprises in the coming days, MultiChoice stated in a release.
It added that BBNaija season 5 would be broadcast live and 24/7 on DStv channel 198 and GOtv Max and Jolli packages on channel 29, noting that DStv viewers can also follow the drama with the DStv Now app on a smartphone, tablet or laptop.
“DStv customers who would like to opt out of viewing the show can do so by sending “Smart card number [space] BBOUT” to 30333. While GOtv customers can do same by sending “IUC Number [space] BBOUT” to 30333. Additionally, customers can activate the parental control option on their DStv and GOtv decoders for viewers younger than 18 years,” the statement noted.
This new season, sponsored majorly by Betway and Guinness, is expected to air from this (coming) Sunday.